If you are an incoming student who has transfer credit from another 4-year university (including other UC's), out-of-state community college, or from A-Levels, you likely have coursework that needs to be evaluated. While there are transfer agreements in place already with the California community colleges*, which can be reviewed on assist.org, this is not the case for any school that is not a California community college. A-Levels need to be evaluated for course equivalence as well. Please note that this evaluation does not apply to General Education (GE) attributes such as Science & Engineering (SE) or Social Science (SS). To have any courses evaluated for GE attributes, please contact the College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences dean's office.
*California community college students who took only a partial series at their community college or completed a series at multiple schools, even if they are in the same district, will need to have that course work evaluated.
Common subjects for evaluation
- For each biology course you would like evaluated, please email a complete syllabus that also includes a lecture schedule to email@example.com.
- Email the syllabi for any chemistry classes that you want evaluated to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a detailed syllabus of the class (showing week-to-week topics covered in lectures and labs). Course descriptions from the website or catalog are not sufficient. Also include the following information about each class:
Name of college or university:
Course name and number:
UCD chemistry course that is being proposed as equivalent:
Once this is sent in, students can expect a response within 2-4 weeks
- Email the syllabi for any geology classes that you want evaluated to email@example.com.
- Email the syllabi for any economics classes that you want evaluated to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check their transfer database for pre-existing articulations for non-Assist schools.
- Math has an equivalency request form. You can also check their transfer database for pre-existing articulations.
- Physics has an equivalency request form. You can also check their transfer database for pre-existing articulations.
- Email the syllabi for any political science classes that you want evaluated to email@example.com.
- Statistics has an equivalency request form.